Worldwide, there’s a shortage of eye care providers. Our focus is training technicians and physicians using novel technology to engage and excite. They will carry on care long after we are in hiatus.
- Technician Education
- Hands-on skills workshops.
- First Liberian Technician Bowl.
- Fundraising for an optical shop in Liberia.
- Physician Education
- LEARN – Liberian Eye Associates Research Network.
- Training of indirect ophthalmoscopy and slit lamp skills.
- Using virtual reality simulators to develop surgery skills.
- Equip primary eye care physicians in developing countries with ophthalmoscopes.
- Fund raising for a microscope to help develop cataract surgery skills in Liberia and training future surgeons.
- Patient Education
- Using technology to educate patients.
- Through the American Academy of Ophthalmology, we developed the first Pharmaceutical Needy Assistance programs.